On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:33:19 +0200, Caligo <iteronve...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was aware of your "NIH syndrome", and that's why I have a problem with
this.  The main reason you are doing this is to serve your own needs, to
make yourself feel good, to earn some kind of recognition, but not to serve
the community in any meaningful way.  Even if the project fails, it will
look good on your resume because you took the time to develop a compiler.
This kind of behavior is very common in the FOSS community, and it has
become a disease. It's the reason why there are thousands of dead software
projects that were never completed and maintained.

Dude, WTF? People can't work on stuff they want to work any more without someone like you blasting them for it? Take a second to recall that open-source projects are done in people's free time, mainly because they ENJOY doing it. Who is anyone to tell me what to do in my free time, especially if I wouldn't enjoy it?

People like YOU are a disease for the open-source community, demotivating people who bother to release, publish sources for and sometimes support the projects they do in their free time.

P.S. Don't bother replying, you're in my killfile.

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net