On Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:55:29 -0400, spir <denis.s...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 03/22/2011 10:56 AM, bearophile wrote:
- an ordered (chained, keeps the insertion order) associative array (not hard, no need to re-implement associative arrays);

? How would you do that? (Without requiring lookup for each key on traversal.) I'm really interested, I need it. Have had a look at current AA implementation in hope to tweak it, but too complicated.

Someone told me once, you just embed a secondary linked list pointer into the nodes. The linked list contains the order of insertion.

I plan on making such a type for dcollections (oh, how I wish I had more time).

-Steve