Hi all,

I am putting together a Google Summer of Code project proposal regarding the Apache Thrift idea (see the ideas page[1]), which I intend to officially submit as soon as the application period opens. You can find my first draft at http://klickverbot.at/code/gsoc/thrift/.

While I would love to hear any opinions, two specific questions:

Walter, could you as the organization admin please have a look at this if it meets your formal expectations (the application template section of the Digital Mars GSoC profile is still empty)?

Andrei, as you are the one behind the original suggestion, would you mind having a quick glance at the proposal? Do you have any experience with Thrift in production use from your work at Facebook?

David

P.S.: I am notoriously bad at writing »About me« sections, but from
reading around a bit I figured a GSoC application should include one…

[1] http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?GSOC_2011_Ideas