In the case of something like dividing by 0 or other math functions that could
be given bad values, the typical solution is to either use an assertion (or
check nothing) and then let the caller worry about it. It would be extremely
wasteful to have to constantly check whether the arguments to typical math
functions are valid. They almost always are, and those types of functions
needto be really efficient.

But catching wrong arguments to math functions at *runtime* is precisely what D itself does (as well as all languages I know):

    auto a = 1, b = 0;
    auto c = a/b;
==>
    Floating point exception

There is no way out, or do I miss a point?

Denis
--
vita es estrany