On 2011-03-25 20:10, spir wrote:
In the case of something like dividing by 0 or other math functions that
could be given bad values, the typical solution is to either use an
assertion (or check nothing) and then let the caller worry about it. It
would be extremely wasteful to have to constantly check whether the
arguments to typical math functions are valid. They almost always are,
and those types of functions needto be really efficient.

But catching wrong arguments to math functions at *runtime* is precisely
what D itself does (as well as all languages I know):

      auto a = 1, b = 0;
      auto c = a/b;
==>
      Floating point exception

There is no way out, or do I miss a point?

Don would know better than I do, but I believe that that is a CPU thing there.
D isn't doing that. The CPU is.

All right!

Denis
--