On 3/28/11 6:09 PM, spir wrote:
On 03/28/2011 10:13 PM, Cristi Cobzarenco wrote:
- The Categorical type sounds like a great idea. I think they could be
passed on as a ValueType to a quantity:
typedef Quantity!(City, BoundedInt!(0,100)) CityID;

And BoundedInt is just a type implicitly-convertible to and from int,
that
supports assignment and equality and throws on an out-of-bounds
assignment.

I would implement something like Categorical in a language that has no
enum. But I do not see the point in D. What advantage does it bring?

Denis

A categorical type may not have a name for each value (userid, cityid, countryid...)