On 2011-03-30 17:48:59 +0300, Jonas Drewsen said:

On 30/03/11 03.04, Max Klyga wrote:
snip

Great to see that you're interested in improving the Phobos library!

There already is some work being done on this.

I've created bindings for libcurl that was accepted into Phobos a couple of days ago (see etc.c.curl module). This is the foundation of some network client classes that I'm doing. I intent to submit this to Phobos when I've implemented the last of the suggestions that I received from the community earlier.

Could you give links to that suggestions?
Is your work on network-clients avaliable online?
My initial target is FTP and HTTP
support.

See:
https://github.com/jcd/phobos/blob/curl/etc/curl.d

This does have some overlap with your proposal but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

If this proposal gets accepted you have the libcurl bindings already as a kickstart.

Some other options are to extend the client classes that I'm doing. Or to implement the network server classes.

RFC compilant HTTP-server is very hard to implement, so one solution might be to implement different protocol clients (SMTP, ...) so our work will not overlap.

/Jonas