On 2011-05-10 19:01, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 04:39:44 +0300, Brad Roberts
>
> <bra...@slice-2.puremagic.com> wrote:
> > I run a _mail_ gateway, not a news gateway.  So, no, posting via nntp
> > isn't going to work.  As to why I require registration, it's spam
> > prevention.  I'm not willing to open up posts to non-registered users as
> > it's a very strong line of defense.  I'm also not eager to trust gmane as
> > an open relay point.
>
> Posting worked at one point. I hope you've disabled it out of practical
> considerations.
>
> > You can visit http://lists.puremagic.com/ to see the various lists.
>
> Bugger that... setting up an e-mail account/client configuration just to
> be able to report an occasional DMD beta bug is not worth it.

Do whatever works best for you, but I've found that using the mailing list
verisons of all of the various D lists works better than using a newsgroup
reader, because then I can have all of the newsgroup posts synced via imap.
When using a newsgroup client, it was much harder to know which posts I had
read and replied to and whatnot when switching machines. I don't have those
problems when using an e-mail address with an e-mail client. I am a bit
surprised that dmd-beta functions differently from the other groups though. I
would have thought that it would be the same.

- Jonathan M Davis