On 5/16/11 2:44 PM, Mehrdad wrote:
The function as implemented first assigns a[1]=a[0] and then a[2]=a[1],
leading to [0, 0, 0, 3, 4] which is not what's needed.

Oh yeah good point.

Is there any way to find out if an array is a slice of another array?

No. If there would, it would be a rather advanced function. Allow me to
reiterate my suggestion: it's likely you have a simple problem with a
simple solution based on slices, which are a simple abstraction.
Therefore I suggest you rethink a bit of your design, and it's possible
you won't need assumeSafeAppend et al.

Andrei

Yeah, seems like even if it was, it wouldn't solve the problem in all cases. I'll try going around the problem, thanks.