On 21/05/2011 09:14, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/20/2011 7:52 AM, Don wrote:
Sorry, but your reply is a textbook example of fanboyism. On Windows,
git is an
utterly lousy product. And yes, I have both cygwin and Msys.

Reminds me of when I tried to run Latex on Windows. What a disaster.

Also, git just doesn't work right with files that end in CRLF. I fought
this for a while, and finally gave up. Everything I check in I run
through a converter which strips out the CR. No more troubles.

Also, doesn't your editor leave line endings in tact? Every editor I've used for programming detects the line endings and doesn't play with them, and they generally have an option to chose the default line ending style for new files.

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/