On 2011-05-29 17:10, Jose Armando Garcia wrote:
Configuring through the command line is optional for example the
following command line:

$ program --minloglevel=warning --v=3 --logdir=/tmp

Translate to the following in code:

---
import std.log;

void main(string[] args)
{
    FilterConfig filterConfig;
    filterConfig.minSeverity = Level.warning;
    filterCofnig.verboseConfig.maxVerboseLevel = 3;

    LoggerConfig loggerConfig;
    loggerConfig.logDirectory = "/tmp";

    initializeLogging!SharedLogger(loggerConfig, filterConfig);

    //...
}
---

I.e. all the command line options are also available programmatically.
The reverse is not the case. All programmatic options are not
available at the command line.

Fine point about 'dfatal' and 'vlog'. I was trying to keep the
interface as close to glog as possible where it is warranted but I
have not problem changing it to 'debugFatal' and 'verbose'.

Thanks,
-Jose

I guess that that is acceptable. BTW, what happens if you start logging without passing any command line arguments or initializing the library? Does it have a default behavior making it usable?

--
/Jacob Carlborg