On 6/10/2011 6:21 PM, bearophile wrote:
You are allowed to import modules inside functions in Python too (there is a
just a minor restriction), but I have never asked for this feature in D
because this feature has a cost too. Putting all imports at the top of the
module is more tidy, it allows the person that reads the code to find all the
used imports very quickly. If they are spread in the module they become less
easy to find, you need to use your editor/IDE to search for them.

What, there's a Python feature you don't like? :-)

I suspect that way of thinking may go the way of the old C style of putting all your declarations at the top.