On 6/12/2011 11:00 PM, Mehrdad wrote:
== Quote from Steven Schveighoffer (schvei...@yahoo.com)'s article
What is the type of s.o?  Hint, it can't be final, because final isn't part of
the type.
What is the type of&s.o?
If the type of s.o is T (let's say) and the type of&s.o is not T*, then I think
we have a problem.
I just think it doesn't work.  Maybe you can figure out a way it can, but I
don't think it can be done
without severe confusing semantics.
-Steve
Type of s.o: const(Object), like before. Can be reassigned.
Type of&s.o: Pointer to a const(Object)... yeah I think I finally see. x_____x

Gosh, that sucks... thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it. :) I'll see if
I can figure out a way
(though I doubt I can, lol)...
Hm... how about if you just don't allow the address of a final variable to be taken? I'm probably missing something (it's past midnight...) but is that a potential solution?