On 2011-07-13 22:14, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Andrej Mitrovic"<andrej.mitrov...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
Just curious, why do people prefer using extensionless files? I mean,
I can easily open them up in an editor, but I can't set up syntax
highlighting without knowing what type the file is.

Programmer's Notepad 2 lets me map an extention *or* a filename to a syntax
highlighting profile. But I agree, it's still easier to just use an existing
extension. I suspect it's partly a just buildsystem tradition, and partly
because it's not very common to use/need a buildscript with a name other
than the standard one.

Not sent from an iPhone.

Something like that.

--