On 2011-07-15 18:13, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I believe use of Ruby for scripting is a strategic mistake for a small
benefit. The users your tools should not need to learn any amount of
Ruby (or Scala for that matter) in order to build D programs. What we
need is, if necessary, to improve D to better address the needs for
scripting a build tool. That way your work would be pushing D's state of
the art in addition to adding value on its own. I suggest you reconsider.

Thanks,

Andrei

I have very difficult in believing that features from Ruby, Scala or some other language that I think make it possible to create good looking DSL will end up in D. I've listed (some of) these features in another reply to you.

On the other hand if it is possible that some of these features end up in D then that's great, and will be a very big step in conniving me to switch to D for the build scripts.

--
/Jacob Carlborg