On 2011-08-01 21:03, Jim Hewes wrote:
I didn't mean to criticize the D compiler installation, which seems to
install pretty well on Windows. That is, after you install it you're
ready to go without additional setup or needing to install other things.
I was referring more to the peripheral projects and also just to open
source in general.

Ok.

If DWT is the standard GUI in the same sense that MFC is for Microsoft
C++, then I thought it would be nice if it were included in the
installer for the D compiler. It could be an optional feature during
installation. But if you do choose to install it, then right after
installation you should immediately be able to build included sample GUI
code projects.

There is no standard GUI for D. Well, actually, as I think it says on the wiki is that DWT is the standard GUI library, but that's referring to an older, windows only, version of DWT.

DWT works with D2 (Phobos) as well. It's statically linked so the
hello world application gets quite large. But that's because it pulls
in a lot of the library, meaning even if you start using other parts
of the library it won't increase the size of the executable at the
same rate.

Yeah, the main GUI library page on the wiki says that it works with
Phobos, but the Windows installation guide says to download Tango. So I
wasn't sure it was really updated to support Phobos. Thanks, I will try
to check it out next weekend.

Jim

I guess the DWT project page could use some updating.

--
/Jacob Carlborg