On 2011-08-12 21:22, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

Yes, or specify it on the command line/config file. I think the risk of
inadvertently importing incorrect files is too great.

Looking back at it, however, we probably would need some mechanism for
files in the same package to inherit the source location.

For example, if you pragma that a module foo = http://foo.com/projectx,
and import foo.xyz, and foo.xyz imports foo.abc, we don't want foo.xyz
to have to pragma the same url just to include another file in its own
package.

Clearly we need some more thought around this.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

Just for the record, you cannot always solve all dependencies, it can
happen that two packages conflict with each other.

As long as the dependencies are contained, there should be no conflict.
If I can compile project x and y separately, and both have a conflicting
dependency, then I should still be able to compile a project that
depends on both x and y, as long as they don't import eachother.

-Steve

If x and y depends on two different versions of z, how would that be solved. As far as I know you cannot link the same library of two different version twice, you will get conflicting symbols.

--
/Jacob Carlborg