On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 14:27:25 -0400, Timon Gehr <timon.g...@gmx.ch> wrote:

What I was saying is not that there is no specific layout, just that
an interface by itself does not need to be represented in the object
file. All interface vtbls are part of the classinfo of the
implementing classes.

in

interface I{
void method();
}
class C: I{
void method(){}
}

No overriding of an existing implementation is taking place, the
interface inheritance creates a new interface vtable.

OK I really can't continue this :) The details we are discussing are
abstractly defined in the compiler, and really should have no place in
whether something is a 'hook' or not. It really just depends on how you
look at it.

I guess so. :)