== Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org)'s
> I think our community will be rid of a major hurdle once we get past the
> debate on whether precise GC is necessary. Precise GC is necessary,
> there's no two ways about it. We should worry about implementing, not
> debating, it.
> Andrei

while(1) {
    vote++;
}

Needless to say, I'm quite frustrated that I implemented precise heap scanning
almost two **years** ago and it's gone basically nowhere.  Admittedly there were
some unresolved plumbing issues with regard to getting the relevant type info to
the GC from the new operator, etc. but it actually worked for memory allocated
via
GC.malloc and there were tests to back it up.