== Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org)'s article
> Hello,
> There are a number of issues related to D's current handling of streams,
> including the existence of the imperfect etc.stream and the
> over-specialization of std.stdio.
> Steve has worked on an extensive overhaul of std.stdio which would
> obviate the need for etc.stream and would improve both the generality
> and efficiency of std.stdio.
> Please chime in with feedback; he's away from the Usenet but allowed me
> to post this on his behalf. I uploaded the docs to
> http://erdani.com/d/new-stdio/phobos-prerelease/std_stdio.html
> Thanks,
> Andrei

After a quick look, I have two concerns:

1.  File is a class, not a struct.  This precludes using reference counting as
the
current std.stdio.File does, meaning you have to close all your Files manually.
loved the reference counting semantics, especially the last few releases since
most of the relevant compiler bugs have been fixed.

2.  File(someFileName, someMode) needs to work.  Not supporting this method of
instantiating a File object would break way too much code.