On Tuesday, September 06, 2011 23:51:48 Marco Leise wrote:
> Am 06.09.2011, 22:28 Uhr, schrieb Timon Gehr <timon.g...@gmx.ch>:
> > On 09/06/2011 09:36 PM, notna wrote:
> >> Sorry upfront, I didn't read this hole thread, so maybe I'm missing or
> >> mixing something...
> >>
> >> How about a D binding for http://www.xmlsoft.org/ ?
> >>
> >> In other words, taking the "curl or sqlite3 path", something like
> >> /etc/c/xml2
> >
> > That is about 4 times slower than the Tango XML parser:
> >
> > http://dotnot.org/blog/archives/2008/03/10/xml-benchmarks-updated-graphs
> > -with-rapidxml/
> You are so right, Timon. How deep is the trench between Phobos and Tango
> devs? Tango's XML parser should really make it into Phobos.

A new std.xml is already in the works. It'll be range-based, unlike the Tango
parser. But there's no reason why Phobos shouldn't be able to have a
similarly-fast XML parser. As I understand it, the primary reason that the
current std.xml is slow is because it uses delegates quite a bit, but I
haven't used it myself, so I don't know all of the details.

- Jonathan M Davis