On Tue, 6 Sep 2011, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

> It may be beneficial to formalize the review queue a bit better, but what
> we've
> been doing has worked fairly well thus far.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I think informal works particularly well here.  For several reasons, not
in any particular order:

1) the code needs to be ready, an in-flux sort of thing

2) the submitter needs to be active enough to see that a new item needs to
be selected

3) popularity of the item is a big factor in prioritization, also an
in-flux thing.

4) being overly formal doesn't buy much here.. there's nothing to be
particularly strict about in terms of the selection process.  For the most
part we're all fairly rational adults.  Shocking, I know.

5) there's not so many that we're in danger of loosing track of anything,
see also point 2

My 2 cents,
Brad