Peter Alexander wrote:
> In contrast, my D hobby project at only a few thousand lines of code
> already takes 11s to build and doesn't do any fancy metaprogramming
> or use CTFE.

Curious, did you use a library like QtD?

My slowest D compile except my one attempt into qtd is about 30,000
lines of template using code that takes about 5 seconds on my
computer. (I compile and link it all at once)

I could see this getting annoying if it continued to scale that
way to 3 million, but that's still the exception in my experience:
my typical D program builds in under one second, including a
14,000 line hobby game.