On 2011-10-03 15:39, Robert Jacques wrote:
On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 03:06:36 -0400, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2011-10-01 05:00, Robert Jacques wrote:
I agree, which is why I suggested lookup should have some granuality.
i.e. that there is both a global store of serialization methods and a
per instance store of serialization methods. Lookup would first
look in
the local store before defaulting to the global store. But this should
be a separate pair of functions.

Aah, now I get it. That's a good idea. The question is what to name the
two functions. Yet another use case for overloading methods on static.

How about overrideSerializer or overloadSerializer?

registerSerializer for the static method and
overloadSerializer/overrideSerializer for the instance method?

Yes. Sorry for being unclear. The concept being that at the instance
level, you are overriding default behavior.

Yes, thanks, that makes sense.

--
/Jacob Carlborg