On 2011-10-04 21:39, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 2011-10-04 13:21, Regan Heath wrote:
In this particular case, because these std,.getopt options are global
variables, building something which uses them, or std.getopt will
introduce side effects to other uses of std.getopt. Meaning the
current
design makes it impossible to build upon in an orthogonal manner. This
is the 'problem' people have with it.

Exactly, yet another reason why std.getopt is badly designed.

Wait, I thought that was the one! Now I wonder what the others were.

Andrei

Ok, sorry. I meant something like: yet another reason why global values
are bad. And another thing that will hard(er) to do with the current
design of std.getopt.

Did it ever prevent you from getting anything done with it?

Andrei

Not, prevent. But makes some things not as easy as it could be.

--
/Jacob Carlborg