On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 17:11:45 +0200, Nick Sabalausky <a@a.a> wrote:

"Trass3r" <u...@known.com> wrote in message news:op.v2ze74ma3ncmek@enigma...
Now D is also quite cool, I would just like for the language compilers
to be a bit more stable.

They have been vastly improving, really.

Currently I do have more sucess proposing C++11 based solutions as Go or
D based ones, on the type of corporate environment I work in.

That's not D's or Go's fault. Most guys especially in bigger corporations
are plain ignorant and wear blinders.
Strangely that even applies to universities.

Not real surprising. Universities can be *enormously* ignorant and
conceited. (Community colleges too...my god, some of the flaming egos and
politics around there are mind-boggling, especially considering it's *just*
a CC...)

Hell, they didn't even know about clang even though they were progressive
enough to use C++0x.

I once had a university professor who openly admitted C was the only
language he knew - and yet he didn't even understand how C's null-terminated
strings work. So he didn't really even know that one language.

I helped a friend with some assignments from a professor who wrote
absolutely unreadable code, and who taught students to use int[101]
to allocate 100 ints, because he couldn't grasp indexing from 0 to
99.

I also really liked the assignment where we were told of a mythical
processor that would multiply 2 NxN matrices in O(N^4) time.

--
  Simen