On Friday, November 11, 2011 09:34:07 Russel Winder wrote:
On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 19:24 -0800, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
[...]

Bearophile has some good ideas, but he has too many of them for us to
ever deal with them all even if they were all really good, and many of
them are incredibly trivial. Obviously, he can suggest as many ideas as
he likes, but I think that he'd stand a better chance of getting his
ideas implemented if he presented far fewer of them. It would also take
up less of everyone else's time. He's a valuable member of the
community, but it would be better for everyone (him included) if his
signal to noise ratio were much higher.
Why don't they get turned into tickets such that work can be scheduled?

He creates tons of them (both bug reports and enhancement requests). Probably
a third of the reports in bugzilla come from him (maybe more; someone tallied
it a few months back, but I don't remember the exact percentage). They can't
possibly all be addressed. And many of his requests involve major changes that
have no chance of happening. He'd stand a much better chance of getting some
of his ideas implemented if he just focused on a few of them, but the sheer
number of them means that there's no way that very many of them are going to
be implemented, regardless of their merit.

- Jonathan M Davis

If there were many meritory ideas, we'd have a completely different issue on our hands. The problem here is just signal to noise ratio.