On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:33:10 +0100, Daniel Gibson <metalcae...@gmail.com> wrote:

Am 11.11.2011 20:50, schrieb Walter Bright:
On 11/11/2011 11:23 AM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Sadly though, something similar happened before: Husband kills her
separated
wife after misunderstanding her text message (or something like that).
Although
I can't find a link to the news story now.

Reminds me of a bit in one of those old WW2 documentaries. A british
soldier was taught a bit of german. One day, he comes up on a german
occupied pillbox and orders:

Raus! Oder ich shiessen (Come out, or I'll shoot!)

He was mystified by the sounds of laughter coming from the pillbox.
Eventually, the germans did come out and surrender, and they told him
he'd actually said:

Raus! Oder ich sheissen (Come out, or I'll shit!)

Actually English speaking people tend to confuse "ei" and "ie" all the time, like in "Weiner" (supposed to be "Wiener"), Scheiße/Schieße etc

Not to mention Deimos/Diemos, which popped up here a short while ago. :p