This seems the obvious choice to me. Something like "import ncurses.util" seems natural and, well, package based.

On 21/11/2011 1:31 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2011-11-20 22:52, Jude Young wrote:
On Sun 20 Nov 2011 02:20:18 PM CST, David Nadlinger wrote:
Hey all,

currently, the 0mq and ncurses Deimos bindings place their modules in
the root (both package- and directory-wise), while the liblzma ones
use deimos.lzma and deimos.lzma_.*.

The actual choice probably doesn't matter at all, but could we maybe
pick one and then stick to it (including appropriate documentation of
this decision, of course)? In my eyes, consistency would improve the
"Just Works"-appeal of Deimos by quite a bit.

Thanks,
David

I asked Walter about it and he preferred the modules in the root.
Another guy claimed it would lead to namespace clashes but refused to
elaborate.

There is a lot about Deimos that isn't documented.
It'll get there.

Say that both liblzma and ncurses have a module called "util". What
happens if I want to use both of these libraries in the same
application. When I do "import util;" which one will the compiler pick?

I suggest there is a root package named after the library. If people
want a deimos package, that's fine with me as well. But there has to be
a package named after the library where all modules should be located,
except for, possibly, a module that imports the whole library.