On 11/20/11 11:00 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
Second, if the 'comment on this page' link is going to continue to receive
similar placement, there really needs to be
continuous effort to actually incorporate the comments.  Many, if not all, of
the sites pages have comments over in the
wiki, many of which are bug reports.  It's essentially a black hole through
which feedback disappears forever.  Should
that link be turned into a bugzilla link instead, maybe?

I had planned this when I first worked on the site redesign. I did some work on implementing it via Javascript and this could work if there were a service on the dpl.org site that scrapes the HTML from the wiki.

Of course the larger question is whether we want user comments to appear on every page. I tend to think that a bugzilla link may be more appropriate, with an appropriate link text change.