On 11/30/2011 08:47 PM, Abrahm wrote:
"bcs"<b...@example.com>  wrote in message
A while back I built a tool to do automatic translation of C# to D1.

Oh, so you prefer the easy tasks then! Noted. (Embedded sarcasm defined:
Try going from D to C#! A very much harder, end of the chapter
excercise).

The direction was not by choice, we had a C# code base a need to run on Linux and a good reason to not us Mono.

Aside from a small number of language features, a large number of
libraries and a significant amount of freedom w.r.t. formatting, the
darn thing worked!

Well, don't make it out to be an accomplishment of the "harder"
end-of-chapter excercises when it is actually in the easy section.

I never claimed that it was complex! In fact I, my point is better supported by it being simple.

(Debugging it was "fun", as in running diffs of million+ line execution
traces. But then I'm crazy enough to do that!)

Your need for "praise" and whatever, noted. I can't help you with that
(not that I don't want to or that your need isn't an indicator of
something wrong).

I'm not bragging, Even if I was, the only thing I could brag about there would be bull-headedness. It would sort of be like you bragging about how hard it is to find adjective that describe you that are usable in polite company.

Up shot is that for some applications, those languages aren't really
that different.

That's really good. You're well on your way to completing the coursework.
Gold star. Keep up the good work.

You *really* have zero idea what my point is don't you?