On 12/2/2011 10:46 AM, Timon Gehr wrote:
Oh it is certainly good to have and communicate opinions. It is just that they should be clearly marked as such.
I like how you're leading by example, it makes it so much easier to learn The Right Thing (tm) from you.

I won't even attempt to argue that his point of view is not important.
This sentence is a lie?

It is important to make a cut between what is not supposed to work and what is not yet implemented properly. He said 'the _language_ suffers from const issues'. And 'its part-broken'. The design is fundamentally sound. It could maybe be extended to cover more use cases, but the issues with const he addresses have been resolved with inout, and it is likely that the implementation will soon be correct.
"The design is fundamentally sound." --> No offense, but maybe it's _you_ who should follow your advice and actually provide some support? At least I'm giving you examples; you're not giving me anything. Oh, sorry, I forgot that your arguments are all objective and correct by definition. I didn't notice that you didn't mark them as subjective.

Also he probably is doing some considerably different stuff than, for example, I am, because I don't run into that kind of productivity-blocker issues.
And that makes my point of view unimportant. Yes, that's a completely objective and unbiased point of view, it makes perfect sense.

Sorry for forcing you to read my unimportant feedback.