On 2011-12-07 10:27, Andrew Gough wrote:
On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:14:25 +0000
Russel Winder<rus...@russel.org.uk>  wrote:

SCons is a Python-based build tool to replace Make and much of the
Autotools functionality.  It has D support as part of the core.  This
support is though in need of development.

The new Mercurial/BitBucket infrastructure for developing SCons
(replacing the old Subversion/Tigris set up) is now in place, a new
release 2.1.0 has been declared and everything is open for business
leading to a 2.2.0 release.

I got my changes to support DMD 2 into this release :-)

However, support for GDC, LDC, etc. is almost certainly still sadly
lacking, and indeed the support for DMD almost certainly needs a
severe refactoring and most likely a rewrite.

Rather than people having to work on a clone of SCons in order to work
on the tool, I have created a separate Mercurial repository
(https://bitbucket.org/russel/scons_dmd_new) as a development version
of just the tool.  When a new version of this separate tool is
declared I create a pull request for the SCons mainline to get the
new version in the next version of SCons.

Is anyone else other than me interested in using SCons as a build tool
with D code?  If there is, perhaps we can collaborate in some way to
progress SCons support for all the various realizations of D?

I think the build tool question is in need of the same level of high
level design and support that Steve Teale is working on for
std.database/std.sql.

It seems there is SCons support (python), CMake, Orbit (Ruby), DSSS
(D1 only?), xfbuild, dake, rdmd options - I've added preliminary D
support to premake.

Orbit is a package manager and not a build tool.

--
/Jacob Carlborg