On 12/10/11 2:22 PM, maarten van damme wrote:
yes please.
I've read the book "the d programming language" and got all excited
until I actually tried using std.algorithm. (d made up for it pretty soon).
It are the huge problems that prevent people for trying a language but
it are those little things that scare them back away.

Thanks for confirming my long held suspicion.

And I've also been a bit disappointed in the d way of doing things (it's
easy to write good code but hard is always possible).

Could you rephrase that? I don't understand.

Just for fun I
wanted to create a program as little as possible, compiled without
garbage collector/phobos/... and it turned out that compiling without
garbage collector is pretty much impossible (memory leaks all around the
place in druntime). dynamic linking for the d standard library would be
a great new option for a dmd release in the future :).

Using D without GC is an interesting direction, and dynamic linking should be available relatively soon.