On 12/11/11 4:20 PM, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com <mailto:newshou...@digitalmars.com>> wrote:

    On 12/11/2011 2:10 PM, Peter Alexander wrote:

        Perhaps a .pkg would be more appropriate?

    What we want is a one-click installer, whatever that might be on OSX.

Apple's official guidelines are to use a .dmg if all the installer needs
to do is copy files.  Otherwise a .pkg is required to run install
scripts.  I don't believe you can write to any folder but /Applications
with a .dmg (which gets an exception for writing by non-root users).

If DMD does need to run scripts or install to somewhere other than
/Applications I highly recommend using Iceberg instead of PackageMaker
(which in my opinion is absolutely terrible).

We'd need to add dmd to $PATH, I wonder how that could be done with a .pkg.