On 2011-12-11 22:10:37 +0000, Peter Alexander said:

There's something missing from the download page (to which I just added
some nice logos):

http://www.d-programming-language.org/download.html

That would be an OSX .dmg. Is a member of the community interested in
taking up such a project?

Thanks,

Andrei

A .dmg isn't an installer. It's just an archive containing files. Usually it contains an application package that the window background instructs you to drag into the Applications folder... but that isn't applicable to DMD.

Perhaps a .pkg would be more appropriate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.dmg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.pkg

Probably, Mac App Store instalation would be the best?

I don't know, do Apple policies allow to install a command line utilities via Macc App Store, but at least apple itself install OS X Lion and XCode via MAS. So, there is technical posibility to install arbitary toolset, not only pure GUI.app located in /Application.

What do you say?
--
BR, Ruslan Mullakhmetov