Most definitely. I consider dynamic linking to be a necessary evil which should not be used unless you have to. I _much_ prefer having my programs completely self-contained. The less that they rely on in terms of external libraries the better. Sure, there are plenty of cases where dynamic libraries are necessary (e.g. plugins), and the fact that they generally reduce disk space consumption is useful, but it's _so_ nice to not have to worry about the exact versions of
everything else installed on the system.

- Jonathan M Davis

Nobody cares about disk space this time. Imagine x00 applications run in memory with
exact copy of libc.

Oleg.