On 12/12/11 7:11 AM, Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2011-12-12 12:45:10 +0000, Heywood Floyd <soul...@gmail.com> said:

On 12/11/11 22:29 , Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
That would be an OSX .dmg. Is a member of the community interested in
taking up such a project?

I must take this opportunity and proclaim that a MacPorts package
would be even more fantastic, to the point of giggleingly exciting even!

The only downside to MacPorts is that it is not installed by default.
Having to install MacPorts before installing dmd adds an extra barrier
to those who don't already have MacPorts installed. A MacPorts package
would be great indeed, but I think there should be a way to *just*
install DMD if that's what you want.

Totally agreed. In fact I myself don't have MacPorts installed. Furthermore, I've had some trouble installing it and gave up. Now whenever I see a MacPorts-installable program I'm curious about, I just move on.