On 12/12/11 9:09 AM, torhu wrote:
On 12.12.2011 15:43, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 12/12/11 6:24 AM, torhu wrote:
save being a property is a stupid inconsistency.

I'm not so sure.

Andrei

Why? As far as I can tell, it's inconsistent with what properties are
used like in other programming languages.

Why?

My understanding is the properties are essentially meant to be indistinguishable from fields (hence the syntax). save() doesn't really act like a field.

Honestly though, I don't like properties at all (in any language). Function calls should not be hidden in syntax. IMO if your code contains so many get/set functions that properties save you time then you have bigger issues.