On Tuesday, 13 December 2011 at 00:47:26 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
On 12/12/11 1:18 PM, jdrewsen wrote:
On Monday, 12 December 2011 at 10:26:52 UTC, Somedude wrote:
Just an idea: would it be possible/useful to use the signals/slots
mechanism for this kind of synch ?

This would be most useful if there were some kind of main loop. This is needed because the request is done in another thread and the response should be handled in the main thread. Without an main loop in the main thread or a destinct call to e.g. a poll() method the signal/slot s
would not work.

I don't know if you already have a solution in the works, but maybe the future interface I did for Thrift is similar to what you are looking for: http://klickverbot.at/code/gsoc/thrift/docs/thrift.util.future.html

David

I don't have any plans for this in the curl stuff. But it is something like your future implementation and a builtin mainloop I think would make async programming much easier in D.

/Jonas