On 12/14/11 3:09 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2011-12-14 09:11, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 12/14/11 1:42 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I understand how you might see things that way, but please trust me on
this one. It is the right thing do do, and the short-term difficulty
will be greatly rewarded in the long run.

Probably, but as with the rest of the development of D2 everything
happen to fast. TDPL was released without a compiler backing up all the
features. Also no one knows what the correct behavior of a features is,
what's in TDPL, what's in the compiler or what's in the spec.

That would have been a great point if the announcement used the date of
December 31 of this year.

Andrei

It's still too soon because no one will know in what sate D2 is from a
year from now.

I predict that one year from now D2 will be better than D1 and the Tango/D2 port will be better than Tango/D1.