On 12/14/11 11:20 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 December 2011 at 17:04:03 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
...and please, can I mention FF2 *ONCE* without some crusader deciding
I need to be saved by "upgrade your browser" evangelism?

But Firefox Eleven has TwitFace integration built RIGHT INTO IT! :P

- It *significantly* slows down the page load. I'll describe it this
way: FF2 is well known to be super-slow compared to every other modern
browser, including newer versions of FF. And yet, my twitface-blocking
FF2 loads the page many times *faster* (it's *very* noticable) than
*every* modern non-twitface-blocking browser I've thrown at it.

I plan to take an attempt at a DFeed-powered news syndication widget to
replace the Twitter one. Until then, to speed up page load it can be
placed in an iframe. Anyone could put together a pull request for that.

Yah. Actually an iframe would be an excellent idea for the Google Translate widget too. To see how slow that loads, click on a few items in the navigation panel. The currently selected item gets underlined only after a long delay.