Am 20.12.2011, 22:39 Uhr, schrieb Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com>:

On 12/20/2011 1:07 PM, Marco Leise wrote:
+1. I didn't know about .bss, but static arrays of zeroes (global, struct, class) increasing the executable size looked like a problem wanting a solution. I hope it is easy to solve for dmd and is just an unimportant issue, so was
never implemented.

I added a faq entry for this.

Ok, I jumped on the band wagon to early. Personally I only had this problem with classes and structs.

struct Test {
        byte arr[1024 * 1024 *10];
}

and

class Test {
        byte arr[1024 * 1024 *10];
}

both create a 10MB executable. While for the class, init may contain more data than just that one field, I don't see the struct adding anything or going into TLS. Can these initializers also go into .bss?