On 12/22/11 11:07 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Andrei Alexandrescu"<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>  wrote in message
On 12/22/11 10:45 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
1. "If you're a programmer, or even just a power user, you have
absolutely no excuse not to *already* have a 7z-capable program
[EDIT: such as WinRAR, for instance] installed."

Wrong.

Ok then, if you're claiming that I'm wrong and a programmer *does* have a
legitimate excuse for not having a 7z-capable program, perhaps you could
state what that legitimate excuse is instead of merely being contradictory?

I think it's sheer statistics, as odd as that might sound. I quite enjoy your rants, but after having seen a lot of them it seems to me (though I may be quite wrong) that your opinions and preferences are a couple of standard deviations away from the median. That is of course not bad. The most entertaining part is that this comes bundled with the firm conviction (or even unstated assumption) that everybody should hold, or already holds, the same belief as yours.

There are some funny consequences to this. If something completely pisses you off, it might actually be an indication we're doing something right. And if you say something is perfect for you, that's almost always a reason to worry.