On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:30:54 -0800, Peter Alexander
<peter.alexander...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 27/12/11 1:14 AM, Robert Jacques wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 17:09:02 -0800, Peter Alexander
If the held object has a method with the same name as RefCounted (e.g.
asConst) then how do you call the held object's method instead of
RefCounted's method?

You, can't. Looking at the source code asConst is a private member
function and therefore, given we are using opDispatch for forwarding,
these methods should have _ or __ prepended onto them.

Identifiers starting with __ are reserved, which leaves you with _,
which could be used by the held object also.

Yes, in theory, but no in practice. It's perfectly possible to use __name or
__name__ in user code, just highly not recommended. And while I'd never do that
in my user code, I think the runtime and the standard library should be able to
use __ (or maybe ___) when needed.