On 12/27/11 5:43 AM, deadalnix wrote:
BTW, the plan is to have the same thread that constructed objects to
call their destructors; each thread would have a worklist of garbage
objects to destroy. The list can be reduced during calls to allocation
functions within each thread, and of course when the thread terminates.

Andrei

This is nice for thread local data, but does it make sense for
immuables/shared ?

Yes - when the GC reaps objects, they are past their useful lifetime so their qualifiers are gone.

I'm not sure this design is secure regrading GC. What happen if the
destructor of the RefCounted is called, (and will call dispose) and then
the payload is destructed. We have a risk of double destruction.

I'm not sure I understand the scenario.