On Tuesday, 27 December 2011 at 10:57:35 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
On 27/12/11 10:51 AM, deadalnix wrote:
Le 27/12/2011 05:25, Andrei Alexandrescu a écrit :
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/commit/675898721c04d0bf155a85abf986eae99c37c0dc

Andrei

Maybe I'll seem bitter, but I do not think this changement was really that important. This is nice, ok, but we have some other really serious
flaw, like shared not doing what it is supposed to do.

You seem bitter :-)

Seriously though, it's a fair point, but the syntax of lambdas is fairly important and this appears to be a simple change so the cost/benefit ratio is particularly high in this case.

This. You can let people play around with it, test it and provide feedback with just a small patch.

And it is indeed very important. It's one of the few syntax woes we have to deal with in D, it would be a shame to let the benefits of std.algorithm and any other functional D code be overshadowed by the powerful but often excessive syntax of anonymous functions.

It's important when presenting D to initiates that high-level code looks nice.