On 12/27/2011 2:51 AM, deadalnix wrote:
Maybe I'll seem bitter, but I do not think this changement was really that
important. This is nice, ok, but we have some other really serious flaw, like
shared not doing what it is supposed to do.

Technically, it is not important at all. It adds zero power and functionality. All it is is a simple syntactical rewrite within the compiler to the old syntax.

However, and this is a big however, aesthetically it is a large improvement. People using many diverse languages have made it clear that this is the preferred syntax for lambdas. They expect to see it, or else they mark D as "not having lambdas" and "not supporting functional programming".

Syntax matters.