On 01/01/2012 10:49 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Sunday, 1 January 2012 at 04:28:45 UTC, bls wrote:
WEB Development is for sure doable in D, reusable Frameworks are
nevertheless AFAIK not available.

What kind of features did you have in mind for this?

Hi Adam,
first of all: A happy and successful new year to you!
To answer your question  :
An SaaS application living in a Cloud-Space, preferred atm is Amazon EC. The database Back-End will be (most probably PostGreSQL) WHY PostGres ? Callback notifications/ Server-side events ... not available in MySQL. (which you prefer in your framework)
Another point is DB replication, partial DB replication. #

The challenge for us is SaaS user management.
Due to the fact that we are supporting small companies(1-5 users) as well as huge,international acting companies the Saas Software has to scale. I.E. From : "I would give your Software a try. We need just the basic package" ... to "We want it all (and more); We are looking for a long term contract" . In detail this means we have customers who wish to rent just PARTs OF OUR SOFTWARE for a month, others would like to rent our Software for a year, including all features.

SOAP/REST is (in our case) needed to f.i. obtain prices. (https tunneling seems to be good enough (tm) )The other need for SOAP/REST (I am not sure if should go this way) is to access the SaaS application to receive certain informations/to add an potential clients, reuests, what the heck. ) In this case we have to establish a WSDL/REST - maybe oData Service. (I would prefer REST)

---Still have a hangover from new years day, so that's it 4 the moment.

Indeed, I had your library in mind while talking about D for the WEB.
Bjoern