On Thursday, 5 January 2012 at 21:05:07 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
On Jan 5, 2012, at 1:03 PM, Manu wrote:

That is the case with overriding a non-virtual function - the compiler will compile it anyway, and most of the time it will work. That's what makes it so eeevil.

I saw today, or last night, someone suggesting a keyword to make non-virtual override explicit, and error otherwise. Which actually sounded like a really good idea to me, and also addresses this problem.

I think the override keyword fits here, though in reverse.

C# uses "new" and Delphi uses "reintroduce".